Saturday, July 08, 2006

Hindsight is 20/20

Just a few notes on my experience with the mash assignment.

I realize after the fact that the first thing that may have been helpful is to make a copy of the video clip before beginning to cut it up. The trailer I picked had lots of music and speaking which edits' did not coinside with visual transitions. The existing visual cuts often lagged behind the audio transitions. So in order to use any substantial audio in sequence, the audio would need to have been cut differently than the visual. I approached the project initially from a visual standpoint.

The small piece I came up with will hopefully not be my final piece, if I can get into the lab on Monday morning. Still have lots of the visuals rambling through my head but would like to come up with a cohesive way to pull together the audio track.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home