Monday, September 25, 2006

USA Today

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember.
Involve me and I learn."
-Benjamin Franklin

The USA Today interactive site on population was engaging. After I overlooked the coding error that had gibberish bleeding through, the information and presentation communicated with impact. The scale of growth became easier to grasp when viewed as a graphic.
This dynamic presentation allowed me to pick and choose how I wanted to receive the info. The varied formats added perspective to the piece.
The population counter reminded me of a deficit billboard I saw in New York once. It illuminated the U.S. national debt for all to see over Times Square.
The only gripe I have is that the USA Today dictated which countries population I could view. (I was disappointed that Canada was not included. Was wanting to view some larger trends about North America in general and was unable to do this.)
~Brant

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home